Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Villa Lakshmi




Well. I live here now. I work. I put a deposit down on an apartment. I did yoga, finally. And, I have some pals and we're going to the beach this weekend.

So, yes, I live here. This fact completely freaked me out yesterday.... today, I'm ok. The yoga and the apartment help.

So, the apartment: Owned by hindu couple, gorgeous garden, pic of Nelson Mandela in the office. Check it out: http://www.villalakshmi.com/

The view from my bedroom is ok, but the view from just outside my door is spectacular, and it's safe and pretty and close to work, and close to 2 vegetarian restaurants, and it's $425 a month, everything included: internet, cable (not that I have nor desire a tv), a phone in the courtyard where I can make free international calls (no limit), water, power, etc.

So, that's cool.

It's also the only apartment that I looked at. Yesterday two of my work mates (Alejandra and Melissa) decided that they were going to help me find an a place to live. (Everyone here is so so nice. It's kind of nuts.) The way you do that here is that you walk around neighborhood where you want to reside and ask people if there is anything to rent. We walked around for about 2 hours, this was the only building that had anything for rent... and it's the only one I needed.

So, that's done.

Yoga, by the way, for those who are interested, was absolutely anusara, and absolutely challenging and great and thank god, it's right near work, and, really, i mean, thank god that it's here. Yes, this is me, thanking god for Yoga. I also profusely thanked the instructor afterwards, and she said, "You're really good at Yoga, huh? Are you an instructor?" THAT was pretty neat.


I'm pooped. I have more to write, but I'm pooped. Starting the work day at 8am, and then processing Spanish all day is totally exhausting. (I'm reading all those pages in Spanish, and I'm pretty sure I'm reading at a rate of 17 pages per hour or something loco like that. )

love love,
write me emails please.

Kabira

Ps. Below are pix of Alejandra, Melissa, and above is the approximate view from my apt. Enjoy.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

The apartment looks lovely... i want to stand in the middle of your garden and take reeeeeeealllly deep breaths. actually... i will do just that....

Unknown said...

and so do your new workmates. yea for the yogi. I just finished the india section of eat pray love and i feel honored. ahhhh, exhale.